St. David's HealthCare is a recognized leader in Metabolic and bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery.
Why Choose St. David's Bariatric Surgery Program:
- Recognized by several local and national organizations, our program is a Center of Excellence.
- Free community educational seminars on Weight Loss Surgery presented by a bariatric surgeon who performs these procedures here in Austin.
- Dedicated staff that specialize in weight loss surgery to work with you throughout the process, provide preoperative and discharge education to you and your family, and provide a personal touch throughout your hospitalization.
- Exercise Physiologists, who are in tune to the physical limitations and challenges faced by our patients, to assist you with a personal prescription exercise plan.
- Psychologists who perform preoperative evaluations, as well as ongoing counseling if needed.
- Dietitians with vast experience with the special nutritional needs of weight loss surgery patients.
- Anesthesiologists who are skilled at working with the health concerns of obesity, and have a proven protocol to provide you with a safe surgical experience.
- An OR Team who has the experience and expertise required to ensure quality care in a technologically advanced surgical environment.
- Nurses who are proficient and knowledgeable in the care of weight loss surgery patients.
- Furnishings, equipment, and patient gowns that are size appropriate to protect the safety and dignity of our patients.
- Support Groups that meet routinely to help you receive the support and encouragement you need to make the necessary lifestyle changes.